- Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, Professor of Biology
- Zafer.Hatahet@erau.edu Email
- Biology and Chemistry Dept
- College of Arts & Sciences
Dr. Hatahet spent the first 15 years of his career conducting biomedical research and training graduate students and postdoctoral fellows at the University of Vermont College of Medicine and the University of Texas Health Sciences Center at Tyler. His research focused on DNA damage caused by ionizing radiation and the biological systems responsible for its repair. Since 2005, he assumed administrative responsibilities, serving as the Head of the Department of Biological and Physical Sciences at Northwestern State University of Louisiana until 2015, and Division Head of Science and Engineering at Penn State University Abington College from 2015 to 2021. He is keenly interested in improving access to STEM education, especially to students from populations underrepresented in the science and technology workforce.
- Ph.D. - Doctor of Philosophy in Biochemistry, McGill University
- M.S. - Master of Science in Biology, University of Detroit Mercy
- B.S. - Bachelor of Science in Biology, University of Detroit Mercy